Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm vegan and I don't have 3 eyes!

I was ordering a smoothie from a local smoothie joint the other day and asked for it to made without honey. "Why no honey", she asked? "Are you allergic?" I sighed deeply and answered, "I'm a vegan for Lent so that means no animal products or by-products". She looked at me strangely and said, "You don't look like a vegan". I didn't ask what that meant, but I'm pretty sure I knew what she meant. In doing a lot of research I am finding that there are LOTS of vegans out there and they seem normal, like me! So yes, you can be uber-trendy and on the cutting edge of fashion (ha, ha, joking) and be vegan. Imagine that! It really is amazing the looks people give you. For kicks, I thought I'd post this list of celebrities that are vegan. I thought it was a pretty eclectic list...

•Alicia Silverstone
•Alyssa Milano
•Carrie Anne Moss
•Casey Affleck
•Casey Kasem
•Daryl Hannah
•Demi Moore
•Daniel Negreanu (professional poker player)
•Elijah Wood
•Ellen DeGeneres
•Emily Deschanel
•Gillian Anderson
•Ginnifer Goodwin
•Heather Mills
•Jennifer Connelly
•Joaquin Phoenix
•Keenan Ivory Wayens
•Kevin Nealon
•Mayim Bialik (Blossom)
•Mutt Lange
•Natalie Portman
•Pamela Anderson
•Portia de Rossi
•River Phoenix
•Sandra Oh
•Tea Leoni
•The Artist, formerly known as Prince
•Toby Maguire
•Vanessa A. Williams
•Weird Al Yankovic
•Woody Harrelson
•Zooey Deschanel

Daily workout: Running- 5 miles @ 5:15 am (with my friend Jen!)

Meals for the day
Breakfast:
coffee with coconut milk hazelnut creamer
Pure organic apple cinnamon raw bar

Snack:
mango, blueberry banana smoothie
vegan apple cinnamon muffin

Lunch:
veggie medley garden burger on sprouted grain and seed english muffin
black bean hummus
pita chips

Dinner:
Risotto with porcini mushrooms, sweet peas and kale (shrimp with everyone elses)

You are what you eat!

Live life to the fullest, it's the only one you've got!

1 comment:

  1. River died in 93...maybe he ate a bacon cheeseburger.

    ReplyDelete