Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cookie Monster






For the last couple of days I've had a MAJOR sweet tooth! When I crave sweets, I crave cookies and cupcakes, I mean who doesn't? To my surprise at Whole Foods the other day, I found wheat-free, dairy free Newman-O's cookies. I almost jumped for joy in the aisles!! And they were on sale!! I've eaten Newman-O's before, but wasn't aware of this version, which happens to be vegan friendly. I know cookies aren't healthy, but a girl needs what a girl needs every now and then, so I bought them. And how did they taste compared to an oreo? YUMMALICIOUS!! Nothing fake or artificial about them and that's what I love about them. My boys won't eat these everyday, but I feel less guilty giving this to them as a 'special' treat. There is a whole lot of goodness in these cookies...lets compare the ingredients of an oreo to those of the wheat free-dairy free Newman-O:

Oreo:Sugar, flour, hydrogenated soybean oil, cocoa, high fructose corn syrup, whey, corn starch, baking soda, salt, soy lecithin, vanillin, chocolate

Newman O: Organic Barley Flour, Organic Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Organic Palm Oil, Organic Corn Flour, Organic Rice Flour, Canola Oil (expeller pressed), Organic Cocoa, Cocoa (processed with alkali), Organic Unsweetened Chocolate, Natural Flavor, Salt, Baking Soda, Soy Lecithin (an emulsifier).

And for about 50cents more a package, why not feed you and your children something better for them?

Daily workout: 5:15 am 2 mile track run at the gym, 60 minute body pump class

Todays Meals:

Breakfast:

coffee wth coconut milk hazelnut creamer

mango, banana, blueberry smoothie

Snack:

handful of almonds

2 (wheat free, dairy free Newman-O's)

Lunch:

toasted sprouted grain bagel with 1 TSP almond butter

handful of veggie chips

Dinner:

blue corn tacos with avocado, corn, black bean salsa with gardein sesame crusted chickin (for me) and chicken, cheese and sour cream for everyone else.

And because I have Bunco with the girls tonight: RED Wine!! (maybe 2 glasses if I'm feeling good!) Hey, it's full of antioxidants....

You are what you eat!

Live life to the fullest, it's the only one you've got!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be getting some of those when I go to the store next! Thanks for the tip. Glad to find your blog!

    Stephani
    www.heartpondering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete